Honorary Consul in Florence
Prof. Guido Bastianelli
Born in Lido di Camaiore (Lucca) – 25 August 1952.
Honorary Consul of the Republic of Yemen Florence Via Maffia, 10 50125 Firenze Tel. 055.2399328 Fax. 055.2398153 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEGREE and SPECIALIZATIONS
- 1977 – Degree in Medicine and Surgery, Florence University
- 1978-1980 – Specialization in Audiology, Florence University
- 1980-1982 – Specialization in Otorhinolaryngology and Cervical and Facial Pathology, Florence University,
- 1982-1985 – Specialization in Clinical Immunology and Allergology, Pavia University
- Teaching Professor, Sana’a University, Yemen Republic .
- Teaching Professor, Aden University, Yemen Republic.
- Teaching Professor, Mekane Hiwet Hospital, Asmara , Eritrea.
- Teaching Professor, three-year Master in Surgical technique in otorhinolaryngology, Sapienza University, Rome
- 1993-1996 – eight missions and internships in Eritrea, Mekane Hiwet Hospital, with surgical operations on patients suffering post war trauma
- 2002-2003 – In association with Sondalo and Sondrio Hospitals, donation of medical equipment from the City State of Vatican, to the Ministry of Health of Yemen Republic, like will chairs, surgical equipment, incubators.
WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION
- 1994 – Chief of WHO mission in Eritrea, for medical purpose
- 1996 – Chief of WHO in Yemen Republic for surgical operation in otorhinolaryngology
- Teaching Doctor for WHO, Sana’a University and Aden University .
- AWARDS 2007 – “Cavaliere dell’Ordine al Merito della Repubblica Italiana”
Chief of Otorhinolaryngology Unit, “Casa di Cura Villanova” Clinic, Florence, recognized by National Health Service, (Via Attilio Ragionieri 101, Sesto Fiorentino, Florence). Supervisor of a team of seven specialists. More than a thousand surgeries a year with particular attention to Ear micro surgery and Nose endoscopic and microscopic surgery. Otorhinolaryngology Consultant at the Institute of Research and Medicine San Raffaele, Rome (Via Giolitti 16).
- From 1997 – Honorary Consul of the Republic of Yemen.
- 1998- 2005 – Member of the Executive Council of the Consular Association of Tuscany.
- 2003- 2005 – Member of the Executive Council of the Honorary Italian Consuls Union (Unione Consoli Onorari in Italia (U.C.O.I.)
- From 2002 – General Director of the Studies Center of UCOI (Unione dei Consoli Onorari in Italia)
- From 2005 – Treasurer for the Executive Council of the Consular Association of Tuscany
- From 2008 – Deputy Dean of the Consular Association of Florence.
- Member of the “Accademia della Storia dell’Arte Sanitaria (Lungotevere in Saxia, Roma)
- From 2004 – Organizer for the “Accademia di Storia dell’Arte Sanitaria “of Conferences and Round tables about Consular activity and International health cooperation during the “Medical and Surgical Roman Days”.